with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course 4 : Light and focus (online)
Camera Beginner: master your camera
During this fourth and final workshop on camera technology, light management, focus, and the use of manual mode will be on the program!
Initially, the management and measurement of light will be discussed; you will learn how to use the different modes and settings to interpret and shape the light in an image.
Focus management will also be discussed. To achieve precise focus on a moving subject, or on an off-centre element, mastering the different autofocus modes and the selection of collimators are fundamental.
Finally, the manual-shooting mode will be at the heart of the practical phase; the aim will be to familiarise yourself with this non-automated mode, to make its use more obvious. Of course, the exercises proposed by your trainer will also focus on light measurement and the use of autofocus.
This course will teach you to:
- Measure light using the different modes (spot, matrix, centre-weighted)
- Take pictures with backlighting
- Focus using the different modes and choosing the right collimators
- Use the manual shooting mode without difficulty
During this course, which is held by videoconference, small practical exercises are of course planned. In this respect, please make sure that you have your device loaded and equipped with an empty image memory card. Your teacher will establish the practice according to the environment of the house or apartment.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation and exercises (within the limits of space of the house/apartment).
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory courses for beginners (available by videoconference and face-to-face, in different durations). These courses are offered separately: courses 1, 2, 3 & 4. By booking all 4 at the same time, you will receive a discount.
- A meeting notice will be sent a few days before the date of each course, with the URL address to access the virtual classroom (no account to create, no data recording).
- It is perfectly possible to attend two courses in the same day or four courses in the same weekend as these courses have been designed for this pace.