I have had a camera in my hand since I was seven and have always been interested in pictures. An Agfa with a cube flash and 110 film.
How times have changed, I am now on my tenth Mac and tenth digital camera. But the goal is still the same... to produce beautiful photographs of the highest technical standard and in a style, which is modern yet timeless.
My interests also included design and art learning to draw and pottery in school working on my goal of going to art college. After qualifying from Dun Laoghaire School of Art & Design I work as a designer/ art director in an advertising agency for ten
I set up as a full time professional photographer in 1999.
My work has included companies such as Bank of Ireland, Nissan, FÁS, National Symphony Orchestra, Bord Gáis, Trek Bikes, Schwartzkopf, Microsoft and Ernst & Young.
Other interesting work is as Prop and Still Photographers on TV and Film productions such as Ripper Street for its 6 years, Quirke, The Lovers Guide to Food, Calvary and Supervized.
I helped found Raheny Camera Club in 2014 and was the Chairman for its first three years. It has grown from 20 members to over 74 members in that time. It was through the camera club that I started teaching photography.
I have a website Instagram: @owenoconnor and @privateportraits.ie • Portrait Photographer of the Year 2018 - IPPA
• Best Fashion Portfolio 2012 - IPPA
• Awarded Third Place in the Landscape Category of the FEP European Professional Photographer of the Year
• Awarded Associateship of IPPA in May 2008.
• Avante Garde Portrait Photograph of the Year 2008 - IPPA.
• Pictorial Photograph of the Year 2007 - IPPA.
• Overseas Portrait Photographer of the Year 2007 - SWPP & BPPA. • Spring winner - Kodak Photographer (Portrait) of the Year 2002.