with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course No 4 : Light and focus (Beginner level)
Beginner: master your camera
During this fourth and final workshop on camera technology, light management, focus, and the use of manual mode will be on the program!
Initially, the management and measurement of light will be discussed; you will learn how to use the different modes and settings to interpret and shape the light in an image.
Focus management will also be discussed. To achieve precise focus on a moving subject, or on an off-centre element, mastering the different autofocus modes and the selection of collimators are fundamental.
Finally, the manual shooting mode will be at the heart of the practical phase; the aim will be to familiarise you with this non-automated mode, to make its use more obvious. Of course, the exercises proposed by your teacher will also focus on light measurement and the use of autofocus.
This course will teach you to:
- Measure light using the different modes (spot, matrix, centre-weighted)
- Take pictures with backlighting
- Focus using the different modes and choosing the right collimators
- Use the manual shooting mode without difficulty
Prerequisites: to fully benefit from the teaching of Workshop 4, it is preferable to have attended Workshop 1, 2 & 3 beforehand.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation, a central practical part and a debriefing of the course.
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory workshops for beginners, offered separately: workshops 1, 2, 3 & 4. Ordering all 4 at the same time results in a discount.
- Depending on the number of trainees, the course can be completed in 2.5, 3 or 3.5 hours. With a very small number of participants, the quality of the course and the time left to each participant to ask questions, allows the duration of the course to be reduced in order to keep the dates chosen and avoid cancellations. Our classes are group classes, so there is a minimum number of participants required to maintain the session. If the number of students is less than 3, the session is likely to be postponed.
A meet up form will be sent to participants a few days before the date of each workshop, with the exact location of the meeting and the teacher's contact details.
Participants under 18 years old can take part in our courses (under certain conditions, see article here in our help centre).