with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course No 3 : Shutter speed and movement (Beginner level)
Beginner: master your camera
How can movement be captured in photography? Or, on the other hand, how can you freeze the action of a scene?
Managing the exposure time – or the shutter speed – of the camera is the answer to these two questions and is, just like the depth of field, a key parameter in photography. This parameter allows the light to hit the digital sensor for a defined amount of time, which will freeze or blur a movement.
In this case, you will have once again a wide array of creative possibilities: blur or freeze the action, get a panning (a moving subject is frozen in a blurry surrounding).
This workshop will teach you how to:
- Use the “S” and “Tv” shooting modes
- Make pannings of moving subjects
- Freeze the movement of a subject
- Use blur to suggest movement and bring dynamism to your pictures
Prerequisites: to fully benefit from the teaching of Workshop 3, it is preferable to have attended Workshop 1 & 2 beforehand.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation, a central practical part and a debriefing of the course.
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory workshops for beginners, offered separately: workshops 1, 2, 3 & 4. Ordering all 4 at the same time results in a discount.
- Depending on the number of trainees, the course can be completed in 2.5, 3 or 3.5 hours. With a very small number of participants, the quality of the course and the time left to each participant to ask questions, allows the duration of the course to be reduced in order to keep the dates chosen and avoid cancellations. Our classes are group classes, so there is a minimum number of participants required to maintain the session. If the number of students is less than 3, the session is likely to be postponed.
A meet up form will be sent to participants a few days before the date of each workshop, with the exact location of the meeting and the teacher's contact details.
Please note that we do NOT lend cameras or accessories
Participants under 18 years old can take part in our courses (under certain conditions, see article here in our help centre).