with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course No 3 : Shutter speed and movement (Beginner level)
How to capture movement in photography? Or how to "freeze" a fast moving object? These are two essential questions that will be answered in this third workshop on camera technique.
As well as depth of field, the management of shutter speed is a key element in photography; it allows the notion of time to be expressed aesthetically in a photograph. Whether it's a drop of water frozen in the air, a spinning thread of car headlights, or a running horse stopped in his tracks, such shots require control of the speed parameter!
The workshop will be mainly hands-on, allowing you to explore the vast possibilities that exposure time offers in terms of creation.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- Use the S/Tv shooting mode
- Freeze the movement of different types of subjects
- Make "yarns" when capturing moving subjects
- Know the limits of your camera when it comes to maintaining the right balance between speed and exposure.
Prerequisites: to fully benefit from the teaching of Workshop 3, it is preferable to have attended Workshop 1 & 2 beforehand.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation, a central practical part and a debriefing of the course.
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory workshops for beginners, offered separately: workshops 1, 2, 3 & 4. Ordering all 4 at the same time results in a discount.
- Depending on the number of trainees, the course can be completed in 2.5, 3 or 3.5 hours. With a very small number of participants, the quality of the course and the time left to each participant to ask questions, allows the duration of the course to be reduced in order to keep the dates chosen and avoid cancellations. For more information, see our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
A meet up form will be sent to participants a few days before the date of each workshop, with the exact location of the meeting and the trainer's contact details.
Participants under 18 years old can take part in our courses (under certain conditions, see article here in our help centre).