with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course No 2 : Aperture and Depth of field (Beginner level)
Generally speaking, the camera lens, the notions and adjustments that result from it, will be at the heart of this workshop:
- The notion of focal length, i.e. the angle of vision covered by a lens, will be discussed and applied during the practical phase of the workshop. You will learn the advantages and disadvantages of each category of focal length.
- You will learn how to easily manage the exposure of an image by adjusting the aperture. You will learn how to use the A/Av shooting mode.
- You will be able to manage your depth of field, i.e. the area of sharpness that extends in front of and behind the subject in focus (and therefore also the blurred area).
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to take portraits and landscape photos without distortion (linked to the choice of focal length), to put an artistic blur in your image, and to choose the sharpness area (linked to the choice of aperture).
Prerequisites: to fully benefit from the teaching of Workshop 2, it is preferable to have attended Workshop 1 beforehand.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation, a central practical part and a debriefing of the course.
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory workshops for beginners, offered separately: workshops 1, 2, 3 & 4. Ordering all 4 at the same time results in a discount.
- Depending on the number of trainees, the course can be completed in 2.5, 3 or 3.5 hours. With a very small number of participants, the quality of the course and the time left to each participant to ask questions, allows the duration of the course to be reduced in order to keep the dates chosen and avoid cancellations. For more information, see our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
A meet up form will be sent to participants a few days before the date of each workshop, with the exact location of the meeting and the trainer's contact details.
Participants under 18 years old can take part in our courses (under certain conditions, see article here in our help centre).