with our customizable giftcards.
Photography course - Course No 1 : Camera settings (Beginner level)
The uninviting, even boring, operating instructions supplied with our cameras give little hope of being able to simply and quickly master this type of device.
However, understanding the camera settings and the digital jargon is essential. Whether we are talking about white balance, sensor sensitivity (ISO), RAW format or exposure correction, a simple and concise presentation of these terms is essential in order to be able to master one's camera.
During this course you will learn how to:
- Use the right image format, between JPEG and RAW
- Evaluate file sizes and format your memory card
- Set a white balance
- Correct an exhibition
- Set the ISOs
- Read the histogram of a photo
- Use the P mode of shooting
At the end of the workshop, we will offer you a complete debriefing where you can share your first images taken during your training. This collective review, carried out by the teaching photographer, will allow each participant to ensure a good understanding but also to draw inspiration from the achievements of the other students.
- This course lasts 3h30 and includes a theoretical explanation, a central practical part and a debriefing of the course.
- This beginner's course is part of a series of 4 introductory workshops for beginners, offered separately: workshops 1, 2, 3 & 4. Ordering all 4 at the same time results in a discount.
- Depending on the number of trainees, the course can be completed in 2.5, 3 or 3.5 hours. With a very small number of participants, the quality of the course and the time left to each participant to ask questions, allows the duration of the course to be reduced in order to keep the dates chosen and avoid cancellations. For more information, see our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
A meet up form will be sent to participants a few days before the date of each workshop, with the exact location of the meeting and the teacher's contact details.
Participants under 18 years old can take part in our courses (under certain conditions, see article here in our help centre).