with our customizable giftcards.
Our artistic development pack is designed for people who want to discover the multiplicity of styles and approaches in the world of photography.
In order to "sharpen your eye", and to find the inspiration necessary for your photographic development, THE PHOTO ACADEMY invites you to join a foursome of workshopes corresponding to your ambitions as a photographer....
Of course, the desire to develop a specific theme is not a required condition to create your artistic development package ; the pure and simple desire to discover photographic art is just as honorable !
- Level : Intermediate
- All camera brands are accepted
- 7 Maximum number of participants
- Duration 14h
- Workshop in English
Street photography for all
Does this genre excite your curiosity and are you eager to learn more about its history and practice? Would you like to capture the moment but your inhibitions put obstacles in your way? Then this class is definitely for you!
This 3.5h class was designed for people wishing to learn street photography, by discovering its history, its great figures, and through accompanied practice.
The curriculum will be developed in three parts, each necessary to begin effectively in this photographic art:
- Firstly through inspiration; by discovering the history of Street Photography, and the great photographers who made it, you will have a glimpse at the diversity of approaches and aesthetics of this genre.
- Before starting shooting, technical tips and tricks will be given, exclusively designed to optimise your technical management in the context of the street and to take photographs "on the fly".
- Finally, the time of practice - the heart of this class. Thanks to precise exercises, with very clear objectives, your instructor will teach you methods of discreet approaches and various tips of compositions for your street photographs to succeed.
At the end of the class, you will approach this practice in a more serene way and with the necessary inspiration to flourish on the awesome playground that is the street!
Sometimes, the simplest photos are the hardest ones to take. How do you take an impeccable portrait of a loved-one or of a friend on the spot, and only with the help of natural lighting? How do you end up with an expressive and successful portrait without the aid of a studio?
It is essential to take the environment into consideration when composing a portrait. Managing the background's colours and graphics, choosing the point of view, directing the model - these are all points that will be covered during the course.
Light control is an equally important aspect; in particular, analysing a given moment's light and using it wisely are elements that will be explained to help you make a successful portrait.
This workshop will teach you:
- How to observe the environment so as to guide your aesthetic choices: point of view, directing a model
- How to "read" light and place your subject accordingly
- How to correctly define parameters in your camera according to your desired result
- How to frame and compose an image to highlight the subject
Composition for all
Some photographs spontaneously attract the viewer's attention.
Some photographs spontaneously attract the viewer's attention via their structure and composition. The eye circulates through them according to a composition that establishes this invisible link between the visual path and the reading of the image, inviting us to reflect, to criticise or to dream...
The practice of photography involves a certain number of technical principles and aesthetic rules of construction. The composition of an image is the keystone of this "technical-aesthetic" ensemble.
The composition of an image will in turn determine organisational values, volume ratios and layout priorities. These choices of construction and composition play with the elements present: the subject, the context and the light.
The compositional work establishes, transforms and accentuates the relationship to reality by favouring the dynamic axes, lines of force, entrances and circulation, which will appear in the image.
We will show you how to perfect these few essential points. While going back to the fundamental principles, we will see that a simple change of composition can radically transform the quality of your photos. The art of composition will allow you to reveal yourself in your personal practice of photography.
Black and white
If you like black & white rendering and wish to improve your monochrome photography skills, this workshop will teach you how to sublimate your black & white compositions with the help of a professional photographer.
To begin, your teacher will explain the different settings that can be applied to your camera to optimise monochrome rendering and develop a style that is unique to you.
The workshop will also be an opportunity to review some of the great photographers who have worked in black & white. Iconic images will be analysed and you will understand how monochrome rendering has served their photographic practice.
The shooting will be the main part of the course; a phase during which you will be able to put into practice the technical and compositional tricks taught by your trainer.
This course will teach you how to:
- Read light and contrasts
- Choose your subjects for optimal black & white rendering
- Manage exposure for shadows and highlights
- Optimise black & white conversion on your device
At the end of the workshop, we will offer you a complete debriefing to share your images taken during your training. This collective review, carried out by the teaching photographer, will allow each participant to ensure a good understanding but also to draw inspiration from the achievements of the other students.
- In order to follow our artistic development workshops in good conditions, it is necessary to properly control your camera, and to be able to use it in manual mode.
- Each course that can be included in the artistic development pack last 3h30.
with our customizable giftcards.
a dedicated photographer
course, image retouching, portfolio review”